A schedule of Hub Makerspace workshop offerings are listed below. Further down, you’ll find a brief description. Please visit the Colgate calendar, linked where you see ‘Register Here’ to attend an offering. Students from all departments and majors are encouraged to attend.
- Exploring Aerial Photography and Video with Drones – Friday, September 6 2019, 9:00 am – 10:30 am (Case 355) Register Here
- Design Thinking in 3D with 3Doodler Pens – Tuesday, September 10 2019, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm (Case 535) Register Here
- Introduction to 3D Printing – Thursday, September 19, 4:30pm – 5:30pm (DLMC) Register Here
- Design Thinking in 3D with 3Doodler Pens – Friday, September 20 2019, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm (Case 535) Register Here
- Exploring Aerial Photography and Video with Drones – Monday, September 23 2019, 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm (Case 355) Register Here
- Introduction to 3D Scanning – Wednesday, September 25 2019, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm (Case 355) Register Here
- Introduction to 3D Printing – Friday, September 27, 11:30 am – 12:30 pm (DLMC) Register Here
- Introduction to 3D Printing – Tuesday, October 8, 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm (DLMC) Register Here
- Introduction to 3D Printing – Wednesday, October 23, 11:30 am – 12:30 pm(DLMC) Register Here
- Introduction to 3D Scanning – Thursday, October 24 2019, 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm (Case 355) Register Here
- Creative Circuits with LittleBits and Legos – Tuesday, November 5 2019, 11:30 am – 12:30 pm (CASE 535) Register Here
- Programming, Microcontrollers, and Arduino Boards – Tuesday, November 12 2019, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm (Case 535) Register Here
Programming, Microcontrollers, and Arduino Boards: Curious how electronics are controlled? Discover programming and microcontrollers with Arduino boards and the Arduino development environment. You’ll learn what goes into making electronic items function while programming some fun stuff yourself.
Introduction to 3D Scanning: The use of 3D scanning technology to create 3D digital models of physical objects has opened up completely new areas for academic and creative work. In this session, participants will be introduced to 3D scanning technologies available at Colgate, and learn about scanning methods and software for manipulating scanned 3D objects. From high-end scanners to consumer-level technologies, we’ll discuss the different options available with the Hub Makerspace.
Introduction to 3D Printing: In this workshop, learn about 3D printing at Colgate. Discover the 3D printing options available to you in Case-Geyer library and learn the steps and software needed to create a 3D print. After attending this workshop, you should feel confident in using the 3D printers available to you in Case-Geyer and the Hub Maker Hub.
Design Thinking in 3D with 3Doodler Pens: This workshop will introduce participants to 3D model development using innovative 3D printing pens. In this session, you’ll transfer a 2 dimensional design into a 3 dimensional structure – a bridge. We’ll see who’s bridge can hold the most weight. Participants will explore creative problem solving approaches using new tools, recognize that 3D shapes are composed of 2D shapes, and gain insight into the ways design decisions affect final outcomes and products.
Creative Circuits with LittleBits and Legos: Come create with LittleBits and Legos! Learn about the basics of electronics and circuits with LittleBits – modular electronics which snap together with small magnets for prototyping and learning. At the end, you’ll be challenged with prototyping your own invention with LittleBits and Legos.
Exploring Aerial Photography and Video with Drones: In this workshop, participants will learn about Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) / drones at Colgate. Through a discussion and demonstration format – basic flight controls, capturing photos and video, and academic applications will be explored. Participants will get some hands-on flight time, and learn about UAV options available through the Hub Makerspace.